A prospective customer calls your business – do you know how they found you? When you use CallView360® call tracking software, it’s easy to see the path callers take to get to your business and quickly evaluate the ROI of every interaction.
What Information You Get with Call Tracking & How To Use It
CallView360 call records collect a wide range of data about every call to your business.
The basic call tracking details for every call include:
- Time & date of call
- Caller demographics (such as name and address)
- Duration of call
- Call results (answered, busy, or dropped)
But you aren’t limited to just the caller’s number and the time of day – powerful CallView360® software helps you collect many types of data for better digital marketing reporting and analytics using several different types of data collection.
Online & Offline Marketing Attribution
Why do our customers use this valuable marketing attribution information?
Because they can see which traffic sources drive the most calls and sales (Google? Special offers? TV campaign or print mailers?). They know which ones give the best conversions, and ultimately where they should focus their efforts and budget for growth.
And call tracking can be used with both online and offline advertising opportunities. Use a specific tracking number on your print ads, mailers, billboards, and yard signs to easily track how they drive calls.
Call Tracking with DNI Numbers
Dynamic Number Insertion (DNI) is our most popular method for tracking calls and collecting marketing data for client campaigns.
With DNI, first you purchase a group of specialized tracking numbers. Second, you place our DNI tracking script on your website, which replaces the phone number with a special DNI tracking number. If a customer calls your business using that DNI number, you can collect important information. Each of your DNI numbers is assigned to a visitor to your website (and then recycled after a set amount of time and assigned to the next visitor) so you can collect data on an ongoing basis.
What info can you get?
- Channel source (organic, PPC, referral, social, direct)
- PPC campaign specifics like the adgroup & keyword
- Lead source
- Landing page & exit page
DNI numbers are often used by our clients as part of their digital marketing campaigns for Google and Bing PPC ads, social media ads, retargeting ads, and more. These allow you to see which campaigns are driving traffic and calls to your business, so you can focus on the channels and keywords with the best results.
The tracking data also shows which specific PPC keywords drove the calls, so you can focus on the specific keywords that work (or don’t) for your business. All of this helps our clients streamline their marketing efforts into the most valuable options for better returns!
Direct Response Call Tracking
Performance marketers especially like to see the conversions attached to every advertising campaign, ad, and promotion they are running. Our tagging capabilities allow direct response agencies to set up each new project to collect the specific data each client needs.
Want to learn more about DNI tracking? The guides and how-to articles in our Knowledge Base can help.
Tracking Calls with Tags
Within CallView360, you can also use several types of tags to collect additional tracking data. This provides your marketing campaign with essential information for analyzing campaign success and ROI.
Which types of tags can you use?
- DNIS Tags – These add information about the caller based on the number they have called (if using bulk tracking numbers, each number is pre-tagged with matching TV spot, channel, time of day, and other data points determined)
- Target Tags – These are the opposite of DNIS Tags, in that they track the phone number the caller dials at your company (their target) – whether it’s to your office or call center(s), each destination is attached to your call records
- Routing Tags – These tags track any routing decisions the caller makes, including the menu options they select and the data they enter when prompted
- Voice Tags – Part of the built-in AI analytics, voice tags use speech analytics to automatically detect keywords and phrases you want to track
- Web Tags – These unique tags are set up and managed differently than the other types of tags, giving you more flexibility in what data you track & collect
Because they are specifically designed to track digital marketing attribution, web tags are especially helpful if you are marketing online. The benefit of web tags is that once you’ve installed the DNI script, they all automatically flow in with each call.
CallView360 provides these four types of web tags:
- Automatic Web Tags – Tracks 5 digital data points – Source, Type of Traffic, Host Name, Landing Page, and Exit Page
- PPC ValueTrack Parameter Tags – Collects your PPC campaign data including, but not limited to, keyword and adgroup
- UTM Parameters – Collects the 5 most common marketing data points
- Custom URL Parameters – Allows you to create custom parameters to capture any other data you’re not seeing with the other tags
Used together, the data collected by all these types of tags combined with your call records creates very clear insights of which campaigns are driving call conversions.
You can see a detailed breakdown of each tag type in this Knowledge Base article. When you are ready to set up tags in your account, follow these steps.
Ready to get started with your call tracking and marketing attribution? Our experts are waiting to talk with you!