From small offices with a handful of employees to national business chains with multiple call centers, RingSquared has decades of experience optimizing call routing and call center management. Our AccuRoute® software makes it easy to set up and manage your call routing program no matter your business’s inbound call needs.
How Does Call Routing & Queue Management Work?
When someone calls your business, the routing rules you’ve put into place with AccuRoute look at the caller’s data and enacts the routing rules you’ve set up. This might mean directing calls to different queues based on the time of day, the caller’s location, and more (learn more about all your routing rule options here).
Once the call is directed to the correct queue, it is distributed among your target agents in that group based on the queue system you set up.
We explain those queue options below – how you choose to set up the queue will depend on how you want to distribute calls.
Key Call Queue Options
Call queues in AccuRoute, also called agent queues, can be set up in a variety of ways, depending on how you want to distribute calls.
To start, you’ll want to select one of these queue options for automatic call distribution:
- Ring All: rings all available agents
- Least Recent: rings the agent least recently on a call
- Fewest Calls: rings the agent with the fewest calls
- Random: rings a random agent
- Round Robin Memory: rings agents in a round-robin order, picking up where it last left off
- Round Robin Ordered: rings agents in a round-robin order, starting with the first agent in the list each time
- Linear: rings agents in the order they joined the queue
- Random with Weight: rings agents in a random order, prioritizing based on weight
With AccuRoute you can even set up multiple routing rules and queues, weighting them to allow for layers of call routing. This flexibility allows you to easily adapt to business needs throughout the day, manage multiple call centers with different queue rules, and change your call flow rules on the fly with just a few clicks.
Other Call Queue Options
Other options when setting up call queue management include:
- A whisper message that agents hear right before a call is connected, including the option to whisper a message to the agent of how long the caller was on hold
- Callback or opt-out option, for callers who do not want to wait in the queue, but would prefer a callback
- Place in line, or announcement frequency to tell callers their place in queue
- Agent wrap-up time between calls, creating a pause before placing the agent back in the queue to finish work for their previous call
- Maximum number of callers in queue
- Maximum wait time before a caller is exited out of queue
A well-managed business phone system with optimized call routing makes it quick and easy for calls to get to the right location, improves employee performance and improves customer interactions with your company.