How Do I Park a Call on a Polycom Phone?
To Park the call:
- Press the “Park” soft key. Note: You may need to press the “More” key to see this option.
- Dial the extension you wish to park the call on. You may park the call on your own extension, or someone else’s.
- Press “Enter”. You will hear a voice prompt stating that you parked the call.
To Retrieve the Call After it has Been Parked:
- Press the “Retrieve” soft key. Note: You may need to press the “More” key to see this option.
- Dial the extension you parked the call on. Remember, this could be your own extension, or someone else’s.
- Press “Enter”.
Note: If a parked call is not retrieved after a certain amount of time, it will return to your extensions.
Additional Information on Call Parking:
The caller will not know that they have been parked. While the call is parked and retrieved, the caller hears on-hold music.
Parking a call on an extension takes up a line on that extension.
If you do not have the Park or Retrieve softkeys on your phone, use Feature Access Codes. Put the call on hold, then dial *68 and the extension to park the call on. (For example, to park a call on extension 1234, dial *681234.) To retrieve the call, dial *88 and the extension.
If you’re unable to retrieve a parked call from an extension that is not your own, it’s possible there is a configuration setting that might need to be changed. We recommend that you contact your administrator to get this corrected.